Amazon Deals

Monday, November 23, 2009

The Source of Strength

If you followed me during the month of September you will remember the 30-day goal setting challenge that I completed. That process has sparked a variety of results and has opened my eyes to a host of new opportunities. I have set a new goal for the month of December; a big goal, well actually a huge goal that is both exciting and challenging. That's all I'm going to tell you about it right now...but there will be more later!
One of the things a very bight lady recently reminded me of is that while there is certainly much that I am responsible for if I am to achieve my goals, I can't do everything. There are many things that I personally cannot do because they are out of my control. These are the things that I give to God to do for me. He is always there as my partner but sometimes I'm sure He is wondering why I seem to have so much more to do than He does. The problem is that I don't ask for His help and don't let Him take care of things that are really His to do for me and with me.
I have been reading a chapter in Psalms every morning and today I read a portion of chapter 18. It goes like this:
It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to stand on the heights.
He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great.
You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn. Psalm 18:32-36

My personal goal throughout this next month is to remember every morning that God is the source of my strength and to give Him all the things that He can do, and wants to do, to enable me to reach that goal.
God IS the Source of my strength!

1 comment: