Amazon Deals

Friday, August 28, 2009

Take the 30 Day Challenge to a New Attitude

If you read this blog a few days ago, you know that I saw the movie Julie and Julia (and loved it!) Well that movie has sparked an idea. Before I explain the "idea" I need to fill you in on what happened two weeks ago. I was at a conference and heard the speaker talking about the importance of attitude. As he spoke I realized that if I was ever going to be achieve some of my goals I really needed to change my attitude. So, when I left that conference I made a commitment to change my attitude. I came home knowing that some of my thought patterns were limiting what I could do. I started off great. I accomplished a lot on Monday. I was enthusiastic and energetic. That enthusiasm lasted several days. But, by the end of that week, I was tired. So, I took a day off. Then I took the next day off...and you know the rest. By the end of this week I was stuck.
Now, let's fast forward to today because by now, I am frustrated with myself: my attitude is bad, I've lost confidence in myself, and everything feels like gloom and doom. So, after I wallowed and bellowed for a few hours, I began to pick myself up. That is when I started thinking about Julie and Julia. Julie is stuck in a job she doesn't like. She wants to be a writer but she has never been able to stick with a project long enough to finish it. Julie is a good cook and often works out her frustrations with her life by cooking. As a result of a challenge from her husband, Julie decides to cook her way through Julia Child's cookbook. She announces what she is going to do on her blog and makes a commitment to make at least one dish every day for a year." Her blog becomes her accountability tool.
As I processed my "failure" this past week, I started thinking about Julie's situation. I decided it wasn't so different from mine. I need to change my attitude in order to get on the road to success. I'm betting there are plenty of other people out there who need to change their attitude, too.
So, YOU'RE INVITED TO JOIN ME ON AN ATTITUDE MAKE OVER There is a book I read that weekend at the conference that has a 30-day challenge to a new attitude that I will use as my guide. You'll learn the strategies as I share my progress and work my way through the 30 days. The countdown begins on Monday. I'd love to have you join me. We'll all benefit by helping each other develop an attitude that drives us to our goals rather than attitudes that wreck havoc on where we want go. See you then!

1 comment:

  1. "Failure this past week." If that was a failure, I'd like to see what happens when you're succeeding. Perhpas that was the first fruits of the "attitude adjustment." Keep on, keeping on.

    ReplyDelete