Amazon Deals

Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 15: Half Way There!

I sometimes feel like a child on a long journey who keeps asking, "When will we be there?" I am not a very patient person. When I decide to do something, I want it done now! I would like to wake up tomorrow morning and bound out of bed knowing that my attitude has been completely changed; negative thoughts will no longer have any power over me; and only positive experiences will come my way. That will never happen; that isn't reality. One of the realizations that I am coming to understand about this process is that the power and the growth comes from the journey. I will never be free of all doubts and negative thoughts; just as there will always be negative experiences or negative people on this path from time to time. Success doesn't keep negatives from happening; success comes from handling these negatives quickly and positively.
When will I know "I have arrived?" I'll know this as I gradually realize that negative thoughts come less often and when they do come they are quickly dismissed and replaced. I'll also know that I have "arrived" when I am able to feel energized by how I have responded to a negative experience rather than feeling drained by it.
Am I there, yet? No, but like the title says, "I'm halfway there, and I can feel the difference?"

1 comment:

  1. As usually happens, you are learning through this process of teaching. Anyone who has the opportunity to work through this with you, but hasn't taken advantage of it, is missing a wonderful opportunity.

    ReplyDelete