Amazon Deals

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 28: Your Biggest Asset

Wow! Do you realize there are only two more days to go! I am amazed at how fast the 30 days has gone. If you have joined me on this challenge, I'm sure you have learned a great deal about yourself. I know I have. One of the most important things I have learned is that I am both my biggest asset and my biggest obstacle. When I stay focused and believe in myself, I am my biggest asset. When I start doubting myself, and think about the ways I'm probably going to fail, then I am my biggest obstacle. This whole challenge has been about seeing yourself as a success and believing in your ability to succeed.
I know that I have changed in some significant ways. However, I also know that I still struggle to maintain a positive focus from time to time. I will need to continue to grow in this area. Here are six steps from "The Strangest Secret to Success" that will help all of us continue to grow in our belief in ourselves and in our ability to succeed.
1. Set a definite goal.
2. Quit running yourself down.
3. Stop thinking of the reasons you can't be successful and think of all the reasons why you can.
4. Think about where you got the idea you couldn't be successful.
5. Change the image you have of yourself by writing out a description of the person you would like to be. And...
6. Act the part of the successful person you have decided to become.

Dr. David Harold Fink, West Coast psychiatrist

"Then, pay the price--by becoming the person you want to become. It isn't nearly as difficult as living successfully."

No comments:

Post a Comment