Amazon Deals

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 3: Putting Passion in Your Goal

I think I was pretty close to the edge, yesterday, of having to start back at Day 1. I kept pulling myself back; mostly because I didn't want to post this entry and announce to the whole blog world that I'd only made it two days before I blew it. (That is what accountability will do for you!)
The first thing I did this morning, (besides making the coffee and reading my goal) was to look at the book again. I wanted to see what would be important to share with you today and when I did that I think I discovered what my problem was yesterday. Here is what I just read. This is a quote from William James:
"We need only in cold blood to act as if the thing in question were real, and it will become infallibly real by growing into such a connection with our life that it becomes real. It will become so knit with habit and emotion that our interests in it will be those which characterize belief." He also said, "If you only care enough for a result you will almost certainly attain it, if you desire to be rich, you will be rich; if you desire to be learned, you will be learned; if you desireto be good, you will be good. Only you must, then, really desire these things and desire them exclusively, and not desire a hundred other things at the same time just as strongly." from The Strangest Secret to Success
Mark 9:23 says the same thing: "If you can," Jesus said, "Everything is possible for those who believe." Finally, Dr. Norman Vincent Peale had this to say, "This is one of the greatest laws in the universe...one of the greatest discoveries of my life (outside of my relationship to God.) 'if you think in negative terms, you will achieve negative results; if you think in positive terms you will achieve positive results. The law can be simply stated in three words: "Believe and Succeed.'
Two words stood out as I read this: DESIRE and BELIEVE. Those are words full of passion and emotion; and I realized that was what was missing as I started this journey. The right words were there; the focus was in the right direction, but there was not enough emotion and passion.
Take a look at your goal. (I know there are a few of you out there who have joined me on this journey!) Check your goal for two things; First, is it a big enough goal and will it take you in the direction you want to go? Then, check your heart; do you have desire and belief behind that goal? That is what will continue to give you power to keep going when your mind tries to pull you away from achieving your goal.
Have a great day and let me know you are there and how you are doing. You can post a comment by clicking on the word 'comments' below. I'd love to hear from you. Remember, we want to be on that stage together in Phoenix!

2 comments:

  1. Achieving a big goal is somewhat like walking up a staircase; you get to the top by taking one step at a time. With each step you get nearer your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You become what you think... I know that is one of the things that has guided my life. I have always believed I would be successful at helping other people-the ways have changed over the years but the long term goal never has

    ReplyDelete