Amazon Deals

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 27: Enriching Others

How are you measuring your success? Most of us measure our success in one of two ways: by tracking how much we have done or by tracking how much money we have earned. The author of our guide tells us that the true measure of success is the quality and quantity of the service you render, and money is the yardstick for measuring this service. He then makes this emphatic statement, "No man can get rich himself unless he enriches others." He also states, "there are no exceptions to this law."
If we fully understand this law, then we will realize that the size of our fortune is based on the amount of service we provide to those from whom we are receiving our return.
Yesterday, I suggested that you write down how you are providing service to others. If you did that you'll have some things to reflect on in relation to this law. One of the things I had on my list was "follow-up" which is a part of the product service on which the business I am pursuing is based. And what I have realized is that frankly, I'm not doing very well with follow-up, and follow-up is a significant part of the service! So, if I use my income to measure how much service I am providing, I see a definite connection. I'm not getting the income I want because I am not providing the service that is needed.
Therefore...I now know exactly what I need to do to raise my income! All I have to do now, is to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment