Amazon Deals

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 16: Give It Your All

We are now in the second half of this journey. During the first half we focused on the goals we set and on maintaining a positive attitude, no matter what circumstances or disappointments we encountered. Now I am going to focus more on taking action. Here is a quote from the book, "The Strangest Secret to Success:"
"Each day...do more than you have to do. In addition to maintaining a cheerful, positive outlook, give of yourself more than you have ever done before. Do this knowing that your returns in life must be in direct proportion to what you give...No matter what your job, (or your goal) do it as you've never done it before--and if you've kept your goal before you every day--you'll wonder and marvel at this new life you've found."
The book also references an editor and author, Dorothea Brande, whose book, "Wake up and Live!" seems to be out of print. However, in her book she described how she discovered the magic of taking action that became her philosophy of life: "Act as though it were impossible to fail."
That statement is going to be my focus for days 16 through 30. Each day I will report on a scale of 1-10 how close I think I have come to "giving more of myself than I have ever done before because it is impossible for me to fail." If you think it is easy to announce to anyone who might be listening out there how you plan to hold yourself accountable; believe me, it isn't. Each time I do this, I feel like I am taking a big, deep breath and jumping off a very high cliff. However, I will also tell you that what I am learning through this and the satisfaction I feel with where I am, more than outweighs any fear that I will let you or myself down!

1 comment:

  1. More than half way through. Enjoy the journey. Enjoy the satisfaction at the end of the Challenge, which of course is the beginning of...

    ReplyDelete