Amazon Deals

Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 5: Holding Steady

Yesterday we talked about the seeds of thought and of intent that we sow. I want to carry that analogy a little farther this morning. When you plant a seed in a garden it takes a while for it to germinate. The seed has to settle into its new environment. As it lies there it begins to feel the effects of the soil, the moisture and the sun. The seed softens and allows the elements around it to free what is hidden inside; the fully grown, ripe luscious plant it was designed to be. While all of this wonderful stuff is going on inside this little seed, it looks like nothing is happening at all. For many days it just seems to sit there.
That is a great "Aha!" to me. I am a person who wants things to happen NOW. I'm not particularly good at waiting for things to happen. This insight is terribly important to my success on this 30 day journey. The seed that you and I have planted in the soil of our minds is a new seed. It needs time to grow and take hold. I need to be patient with myself and with the circumstances of my life. There were some commitments I had made several weeks ago that have impacted my time this week. These are good things; things I enjoy doing and serve a worthwhile purpose. But they are not directly related to my goal; therefore, I have not taken some of the steps I need to take to reach my goal. (We'll talk about choices we make related to this issue at a later time.)
Sometimes when this happens to me, I get frustrated with myself; which always results in negative thoughts and disbelief in my ability to reach the goals I have set. This time is different; instead of frustration I feel determination. Determination that the pace I need to reach the goals I've set will be picked up in about 48 hours. While I'm focused on completing the other project, I am experiencing a sense of calmness (that is unusual for me in this situation). However, I know that the seed of success that I planted four days ago is in the process of germinating; it's growing and taking hold. It will be there, stronger and rooted in my thoughts to help me take control of the time commitments when the project is competed and I get focused on reaching the goal I've set.
Please let me know how each of you are doing. You will be stronger for it and so will the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment